Rules and Regulations
Filmistan Studio's terms and conditions are as under:
1) You have irrevocably booked and confirmed the following dates for the erection of your set and the shooting of the said picture / series. Stage No ___________________ Construction & shooting and dismentalling.
2) The following terms when used in connection with this agreement shall mean:
a)Set Construction Shift-12 hours per day
b)shooting Shift-9 hours per day
3) Electricity: Power supply by the studio & charges shall be as applicable.
4) You expreesly agree that no imflammable or combustible materials likely to cause Fire/Explosion and/or any damage of whatever sort will be used on the sets.If the shhot requires any special effects etc,you expressly agree to take appropriate precautionary measures which include,but are not limited to,a fire brigade,adequate trained fire personnel,sufficient fire extinguishers,an ambulance with trained medical practitioners etc,all of which will be provided by you and will be necessary to be present in the studio/on the set on such days as required.You agree expressly that you will be completely and solely responsible for any mishaps or accidents or damage caused to the Studio,and its property and its staff in case of negligence or accidents on the sets during the period of your shoot.You shall be liable for any loss to life or physical.Facing civil or criminal liabilities what so nature.
5) A) You agree to pay us, by way of hire for the facilities provided by us, at the rate of Rs. ________________ per _____________ Hours, for our Stage No ___________ in case of set construction and pro rate hourly hire charges thereafter. Inclusive of Air Conditioning.
B) You agree to pay us, by way of hire for the facilities provided by us, at the rate of Rs. ________________ per _____________ Hours, for our Stage No ___________ in case of shooting/rehearsals/lighting and pro rate hourly hire charges thereafter. Inclusive of Air Conditioning.
6) You agree that any extension of time for either shooting/setting/construction/dismantling over and above.The above mentioned time periods,will be charged at a pro rate hourly basis,based on charges mentioned in clause 5A,5B,above.
7) You agree to pay extra charges as solely determined by us, for extra facilities such as water pump, fittings, lathe machine, crane, outside work, etc as per the items mentioned in our shooting call sheet which may be amended from time to time by us unilaterally, if any of these elements are used by you.
8) It is agreed that you shall pay us pro rata charges for set construction or set decoration done before or after shooting hours on the same day, even in the event of the shooting being cancelled, in addition to the cancellation charges for shooting/ construction booking.
9) It is agreed to that where shooting and construction is required to happen on the same day, the shooting shift will be charged at the hire charges agreed in clause 5B and the construction shift will be charged at the hire charges agreed in clause 5A. Where construction and shooting happen within the same shift the shift will be charged as a shooting shift at the hire charges agreed in 6B.
10) It is agreed that if any choose to deduct TDS(Tax Deducted at Source) from the bill amount(Rate of TDS as prescribed by the Income Tax Department), you shall give us in writing on your letterhead, that you will give TDS certificate(Form 16A) immediately and not later than the year ended 31st March and also give us a Xerox copy of your companies PAN Card.
11) You agree that there will be no construction of sets or shooting of your series/film on government holidays for eg. January 26, May 1, August 15, 2nd October.
12) It is agreed that you shall provide your own freelance crew as per your requirements & you shall be responsible for the action of your freelance crew for any loss or damage to our equipment/materials/accessories during the subsistence of this agreement.
13) It is agreed that during the subsistence of this agreement, you shall comply with and fulfill the provisions of the Factories Act and further indemnify us completely in the event of any mishap or accident to any member of your unit or staff.
14) It is agreed that during the subsistence of this agreement, you personnel shall abide by the rules of conduct and discipline as laid down in the Model Standing orders set out in Schedule 1 appended to the Industrial Employment(Standing Orders) Central rules, 1946 in respect of misconduct, and in any case refrain from ill treating our workmen in the studio premises- verbally, physically or otherwise any such matter which may be the subject of any dispute shall be solely determined by the studio management whose decision shall be final and binding on you. In this connection, the studio shall have the absolute right to demand Disciplinary action be taken before the continuance of any further shooting/construction or any other work solely at your responsibility as to the risks and consequences thereof, and the studio shall not be liable for delay/loss of any kind and you shall keep the studio absolved form any responsibility in the matter.
15) It is agreed that you/any member of the staff or unit shall store properties or park any vehicles in our studio premises, entirely at your risk and you shall fully keep us indemnified from any damage/loss/theft of such properties or vehicles. In the event your properties of any kind are left in the studio premises after your shooting schedule is completed, it is expressely agreed that during the period, however long, the said properties/vehicles etc. remain in the said studio premises, you shall have no claim to any kind of tenancy rights against the studio, and the said properties/vehicles etc shall be left by you entirely at your own risk as to the cost and consequences thereof. In any event, you shall vacate our property or dress rooms within 24 hours of shooting schedule being completed.
16) It is agreed that all debris, moulding materials, sand, mud and any disposable materials shall be cleared from the studio either by you or on your behalf upon completion of your shooting schedule and we shall be charged as per our intimation to you and the chargable amount shall not be subject to review or dispute.
17) It is agreed that before the commencement of the construction of your sets, you will specify to us in counting your requirement for all matters relating to the erection of your set. In this connection you shall submit to us detailed plans of art direction etc. in order to apprise the studio of the space to be occupied by you, the height of the "taraps" to be provided for the placement of the lights and supply of electrical current, and your failure to be provide the same resulting in any delay/inconvinence/disturbance to your work, cshall exonerate the studioi from any responsibility in the matter.
18) In the view of the electrical power cut announced by the Government and the erratic supply of electrical current due to circumstances beyond our control, the studioi shall not be responsible for any fluctuations in power supply resulting in any non synchronization of your camera/sound/any other equipments causing any loss/damage in your work.
19) It is agreed that in the event of you having commenced your construction any/or your shooting schedule but at a later date to decide to terminate this agreement for whatever reasons prior to the dates confirmed by you, you shall be liable to pay us full charges of the remaining shooting/construction schedule value as booked and confirmed by you, and in event if we recieve Booking in this period we shall refund the entire amount. Any cancellation charge as may be applicable, shall be paid by you immediately and shall not be adjustable against any future booking that may be sought/made by you.
20) All request permission and licenses if any required as per police authorities, fire brigade, municipal bodies or any other local government bodies be obtained by you before the commencement of shooting and keeping in informed.
21) It is agreed that you shall clear the studio hire charges and all other dues in full either at the end of your shooting schedule or (in event of longer schedule) once a week, every week, on Monday 3 p.m. at the Studio registered office as mentioned here in above, in the form of a Bankers Cheque, Pay Order, or Bank Draft. Failure on your part to do so, will give the studio management complete cause to suspend, cancel and or stop your construction or/Shooting, or any other work of yours being carried our within the studio premises, entirely at your own risk as to the cost and consequences thereof. In the event you choose to clear your full and final bill by a cheque given to us, the same shall be subject to clearance and the responsibility for the detainment of your tapes(digital, beta or other), and/or your exposed negatives, sound properties and any other properties etc. shall be solely yours till such cheque is cleared to the satisfaction of our Bankers.
22) It is agreed that we will not be held responsible if the shooting/construction is stopped for circumstance beyond our control and by reason of any Strike, Bandh, Civil Commotion. Political Agitation, Dislocations of Traffic or Communications and Force Majeure and you shall not hold us liable for any damages, and / or damages consequent there-from. The management of the studio shall have the absolute right to prevent/stop/cancel shootings/set constructions, for reasonable cause, if it fears damage/loss to the Studio property under the circumstances as may be. The Studio shall charge only pro rate hourly hire charges for such day's work done by you, in case of cancellation of shooting/construction/dismantling under the above mentioned circumstances.
23) It is agreed that if the Studio suffers any loss, harm or injury because of your said shooting, lighting, rehearsal, construction or dismantling schedule, or due to any act of commission or omission on your part, your servants, agents, representatives and/or on the part of any persons contestants crew members, invitees, or artists entering the studio premises in connection with your film/show,you agree and undertake to indemnify us for loss and expenses incurred by us without any demand, protest or dispute. Furthermore, you shall be fully responsible for handling over our stage back to us, in the same condition as was handed over to you at the beginning of your abovementioned schedule. You area also adivsed to insure the property(ies) to be installed withing the stage, and to insure towards Public liability.
24) If any dispute arises out of any issues mentioned or not mentioned in this agreement than the same shall be referred to Motion Picture Association which shall be binding upon us.
25) The arbitration proceedings shall have sole jurisdiction of Mumbai court only and beside that the matter shall also be referred to arbitration as per the amended arbitration and concillation at which shall be also binding upon both the parties.
26) Precautionary measure shall be taken to avoid any harm or to the on lookers, passerby or guest failing which you shall be entirely liable to the cost, consequences and compensation if any payable.
27) Please sign the acceptance letter attached along with the agreement for your confirmation.